Lumbini is the birth of place of Lord Buddha and has been declared as a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. It is small town in the southern Terai plains of Nepal, where the ruins of the old city can still be seen. At the age of 84, he left this world with thousands of followers to keep Buddhism alive. Lumbini has since been a holy ground for Buddhists all over the world. The restored garden and surroundings of Lumbini have the remains of many of the ancient stupas and monasteries. A large stone pillar erected by the Indian Emperor Ashoka in 250 BC bears an inscription about the birth of the Buddha. An important part of Lumbini is the temple of Maya Devi. It has stone image of Maya Devi giving birth to Lord Buddha as she holds onto a branch.
An important archeological site near Lumbini, Kapilvastu evokes the ancient palace where Lord Buddha spent his formative years. Scattered foundations of the palace are abundant and archeologists have by now discovered 13 successive layers of human habitation dating back to the eighth century BC.
Access: Siddhartha Highway connects Lumbini by road to Pokhara, Tansen and Kathmandu. Regular Flights from Kathmandu to Siddharthanagar, which is a 15 - 20 minute drive from Lumbini, connects Lumbini to the capital.
Day by Day Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Meet the guide at the airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu-Nagarkot Drive to Nagarkot via Bhaktpur city, evening sunrise program, overnight Hotel.
Day 03: Nagarkot-Kathamndu After sunrise back to Katmandu. Afternoon Katmandu city sightseeing place to visit Pashupatinath, Bouddha Nath , Budhanilkantha, Balaju water, Swayambhu Nath stupa (Monkey's temple) Kathmandu Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square with Krishna Temple, overnight Hotel.
Day 04: Kathmandu-Pokhara Drive / fly to Pokhara check in Hotel, overnight.
Day 05: Pokhara Early in the morning sunrise trip to Sarankot back to Hotel. After noon Pokhara city sightseeing place to visit - Bindhabasini Temple, Seti River gorge, Gorkha Museum, Devi's waterfall, Mahadev Cave and visit the Barahi Temple by boat ride in Fewa Lake.
Day 06: Pokhara-Chitwan Drive to Chitwan, Arrival in Resort, Refreshment, Briefing about the programme, After lunch Visit to Tharu Village National Park's visitors' center, Sunset view from the river bank, Dinner with Tharu Culture Dancing programme , Overnight
Day 07: Chitwan After Breakfast Dugout canoe trip followed by a nature walk programme or visit to Elephant breeding farm, back to Resort After lunch Elephant back safari programme, leisure, overnight,
Day 08: Chitwan-Lumbini After breakfast Bird watching Tour, drive to Lumbini, Overnight.
Day 09: Lumbini-Kathmandu At AM visit the ASOKA PILLAR that marks the spot of Buddha's birth, Maya Garden and many other monasteries and temples in the vicinity. Late morning, leave Lumbini for Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure to onward Destination
Cost: Ask for Quotation
What is included in the price?
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Accommodation as required by you or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- Guided tour by private car / van / bus
- Your entire standard Meals during the tour if appropriate (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners).
- Local licensed English speaking Guide
- All our government taxes
- Official expense
What is not included in the price?
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the tour itinerary
- Your travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Appropriate visa fees
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, laundry
- Tips for staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Certain sightseeing/monument entrance fees
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter
- Kailash Yatra by Overland via Kerong
- Kailash Inner Kora by Helicopter
- Kailash Yatra by Helicopter via Lucknow
- Lhasa with Kailash Yatra by Flight
- Kailash Panning and Preparation
- Tibet General Information
- Tibet Visa Information
- Muktinath Tour by Flight
- Nepal Cultural Tour
- Damodar Kunda Tour
- Lumbini Tour Packages
- Honeymoon Tour Packages
- Nepal Information